Monday 31 October 2011

Fabric storage regime #173,905

A regime of a different sort for this post. I have embarked on a new storage system for the larger cuts in my stash. This was necessitated by a frustrating search of my fabric mountain for a piece sufficiently large to back my most recent quilt.
The system? I intend to fold any cuts larger than one metre, to stack them immaculately, and label with ducky little tags detailing the meterage. I will then be able see, at a glance, what I have. Easy peasy!
That's the plan. Could take some time to accomplish. No appreciable dent in the mountain as yet :)

10 comments:

  1. Very tidy, love it, everyone would love to have you around at stocktake...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I'm a little jealous...the only part of my stash that is that neat is the fabric for my business :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. By golly, you must have an awful lot of fabric! But I love the tag system! I do a similar thing with my quilts waiting to be quilted - labels to say how much batting and backing I have to 'source'! The round tags are great though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks great! I have one suggestion from experience: if any of those pins has potential to be there for a very long time, they can leave unremovable spots on the fabric (even "rust-proof" pins). Perhaps it wouldn't be too time consuming to just run a thread through instead? Then you wouldn't have to worry one smidge about how long the pins will sit in the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea and it looks so pretty! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That fabric stash looks so inviting...lovely colours and prints and a great storage system - so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! Will you pop over and do mine when you're finished?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea... You'll have a shop set up in now time :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! I long to have my workroom so well organized. Right now,I'd die of embarrassment if anyone saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe I should do that...if I had a spare year!! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips