Monday 11 May 2009

For my Mum ...

I have been working on this stitchery design by Lynette Anderson. It will be a needlecase for my Mum, & is from Lynette's Weekend Projects range. 
I bought this as a kit for Mum last Mothers' Day & she hasn't had time to make it up. She is having a tough time with her own mother at the moment. My Grandma who has dementia has deteriorated badly in the last little while. She is in hospital presently & Mum is doing her best to care for her, but Grandma has become quite abusive, so Mum is doing it tough. I am not able to be with them, so phone calls from afar & stitching gifts is the limit of my comfort unfortunately.
Among my mother's many good attributes is an enormous capacity for forgiveness - a good thing really, as this Mothers' Day gift will be late - love you Mum!

13 comments:

  1. Keep up with your wonderful love and support for your dear Mum - God bless you all!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell your Mum I said hi.......dementia is terrible..........so very sad.........and even more sad that lots get aggressive........lovely stitchery.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so hard being far away, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your simple stitches project.

    It must be so hard for your mum to cope with a mum with dementia and for you to live so far away. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely project to cheer your Mum up. So sad to hear about your Grandma. So hard for your Mum in both ways. Losing her Mum before actually losing her Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful stitchery - your Mum will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mums are special like that - beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there...lovely stitchery!!! I got this one for Mother's Day and was excited to see your one, would love to see it finished!!! I'm sure your Mum will just love it...Blessings to you and your Mum and Grandma♥x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mothers are usually full of forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh your poor Mum , hope your Granma is doing ok ! BTW I love that stitchery .

    ReplyDelete
  11. I work with Dementia so I know how your Mum is Feeling...Yur Gorgeous Needlecase will do the Trick...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so awefully cute! Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips